It sneaks up on the fittest and strongest of us. As the years pass, you begin to notice that you can’t do as much as you used to. The flexibility isn’t there, and you’ve got aches and pains in joints that make everyday tasks frustrating.
Many of us have accepted this discomfort as a necessary part of aging. Or we’ll take halfhearted measures at targeting specific areas – an aching back or knee, for example.
As primary care physicians, we strive for all over-all feeling of well being for our clients. Aging is inevitable, but a loss of range and motion doesn’t have to be.
At Fletcher Chiropractic, we have multiple ways to attack that pain and give you back more freedom. Acupuncture is one of those options.
What acupuncture and acupressure does is to help interrupt and reverse an unhealthy aging cycle. What does that negative aging cycle look like, you might ask?
– First is a feeling of physical weakness and mental fragility, along with chronic pain.
– This results in a lack of mobility, which then causes atrophied muscles.
– That in turn increases the sense of weakness and pain, which leads you right back to where you started.
What excites me about acupuncture is how it halts this merry-go-round of bad news. A healthy aging cycle might look more like this:
– Again, you start with the chronic pain and sense of general weakness.
– Acupuncture treatment is applied.
– As a result, you experience improved circulation and new muscle stimulation.
– In turn, this reduces pain and increases mobility.
– The result? Physical fitness and mental soundness.
You see? In this scenario, we’ve interrupted and re-directed the unhealthy downward spiral via safe, natural, time-tested healing methods, such as acupuncture.
It may be difficult to picture that unhealthy cycle turning around for you. It’s a common remark that we hear – folks believe that their injuries or pains are uniquely un-treatable, or simply too severe to be helped. I understand how deeply that aches and pains can envelop a person’s life, to the point where change looks impossible.
We consider it our calling to walk beside you and help you find the best ways to restore health and begin a healthy aging cycle. It can happen for you. Acupuncture is simply one way to make that happen.