The Graston Technique is one of the best soft tissue therapy options available. The Graston Technique uses special equipment to break down scar tissue and fascial (connective tissue) restrictions. The technique uses stainless steel instruments to detect and treat areas exhibiting soft tissue fibrosis of chronic inflammation.
The non-invasive instrument is used to comb over and catch on fibrotic tissue which identifies areas of restrictions. Using the Gastron Technique can reduce the need for anti-inflammatory medicine, resolves chronic conditions thought to be permanent, and fosters a faster rehabilitation/recovery. The Gastron Technique allows your chiropractor to get as deep into the tissue as necessary to invoke change, yet remain sensitive to patient’s pain.
By rubbing over the affected areas, over time the instruments break down scar tissue and fascial restrictions. The technique can restore range of motion as well as eliminate any associated pain.
The Gastron Technique can be used to treat a variety of symptoms:
- Achilles Tendinosis/it is
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Cervical Sprain/Strain (Neck Pain)
- Lateral Epicondylosis/itis (Tennis Elbow)
- Lumbar Sprain/Strain (Back Pain)
- Medial Epicondylosis/itis (Golfer’s Elbow)
- Patellofemoral Disorders (Knee Pain)
- Plantar Fasciitis (Foot Pain)
- Rotator Cuff Tendinosis/itis (Shoulder Pain)
- Scar Tissue
- Shin Splints
- Trigger Finger
- Women’s Health (Post-Mastectomy and Caesarean Scarring)
If you are experiencing any discomfort from a soft tissue injury, or to see if the Gastron Technique might be right for you, please contact us.