What is protein?
Protein is an essential nutrient for the human body in order for the body to be able to build up and repair tissues. It is an important portion to your meal plan or dietary plan. Protein helps produce enzymes, hormones, and other bodily chemicals as it is a building block called amino acids.
What foods contain protein?
Protein can be found in a variety of foods. This includes such foods as eggs, almonds/nuts, chicken, Greek yogurt, cottage cheese, and many others. The amount of protein in these foods are measured in grams. One egg and 1 serving of protein filled nuts contain around 6 grams of protein each. Chicken contains the most protein out of the food items given. One chicken breast without the skin contains roughly 53 grams of protein. Greek yogurt in one 6-ounce container contains around 17 grams of protein and one cup of cottage cheese contains around 28 grams of protein.
What are the benefits of protein?
Eating and consuming protein has many benefits. The consumption of protein helps in development of muscle mass and strength. When you are physically active, getting enough protein is very important to help maintain muscle mass and as well as increase both muscle mass and strength. Having a high protein intake can also help prevent muscle loss when trying to lose weight.
Want a healthy recipe?
According to a BulkBites article, a spinach and cheese stuffed chicken breast contains around 40 grams of protein, 11 grams of carbohydrates, 11 grams of fat, and 293 kilocalories. This is a very easy recipe to complete. Give it a try and let us know how you like it!
3.5 oz fillet chicken breast, low fat; 1.1 oz of raw spinach; 1 oz of cheese (Colby or Cheddar) low fat; 1 ounce of raw onion; 1 tsp of garlic powder; 1 tsp of dried oregano; 1 fl oz of lemon juice; Dash of salt; tsp of black pepper; tsp of olive, cooking, or salad oil
- Preheat the oven to 375-degree Fahrenheit.
- Make a lengthwise slit in the center of the chicken breast to create a pocket for the stuffing.
- Heat the oil in a nonstick pan and sauté onions until translucent. Add chopped spinach, salt and pepper.
- Cook until spinach is wilted, add cheese, cook for 1-2 minutes and turn off the heat.
- Season the chicken breast with salt, pepper, garlic powder and oregano. Stuff the spinach mixture inside the chicken pocket and close the flap tightly.
- Spray nonstick oil to a baking pan and place the stuffed chicken breast in the baking pan.
- Bake for 30 to 40 minutes until golden brown.
- Remove from the oven, sprinkle lemon juice and serve.